Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, so let the flurry of hearts, chocolates, roses, cuddly bears and Hallmark cards begin! We shouldn’t need an excuse to hang out with our partner or our family, but it’s nice to have one special day of the year dedicated to celebrating the ones we love. It can be hard to carve out extra time for our partners and our kids to show how much they mean to us. But February 14th gives us the perfect excuse to do so. So, spread a little extra love around and cuddle up on the couch for a family movie night or a cozy movie night at home with just the two of you. Valentine’s Day symbolizes love, and love begins at home, where we can all share in the moment. In celebration of family, love and home, we’ve compiled a list of movies and where you can watch them. * Here are some family-friendly movies about love and friendship appropriate for younger kids (not too mushy!), teen favs that teach how to overcome obstacles to find true love, and heart-stopping best-loved classics you’ll want to watch over and over again! Don’t forget your box of Kleenex!
- Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown—The perennially down on his luck Charlie Brown tries hard to win the affections of the little red-headed girl. View on Prime Video, Apple TV
- Beauty and the Beast—This classic tale, “as old as time,” teaches kids kindness and acceptance in Disney’s style that is always enchanting. View on Amazon, Disney+
- Cinderella—Watch Cinderella find true love with her prince in this iconic tale about love and acceptance that gives kids hope that things will all work out in the end. View on Prime Video, Apple TV, Starz
- Gnomeo & Juliet—You’ll get to “gnome” these star-crossed partners in a fun retelling of the classic tale of Romeo and Juliet without all the drama. View on Prime Video, Disney+
- The Princess and the Frog—Kids will enjoy this compelling adventure set in New Orleans featuring a salty waitress turned princess and a frog prince. View on Prime Video, Disney+
- Shrek—Enjoy a wild adventure with Shrek and his friends on their amazing journey, while learning lessons of acceptance, friendship and love. View on Prime Video, Peacock
- Enchanted—This princess tale blends romance, magic and adventure in a heartwarming fantasy featuring animated characters and live-action with lots of singing. View on Apple TV, Prime Video
- The Princess Bride—A swashbuckling swordsman, giants, pirates and a damsel in distress populate this rich love story that is appropriate for all ages. View on Amazon, Disney +
- A Walk to Remember—Get out the hankies for this heart-wrenching romance between a popular boy and a quiet girl hiding a secret. View on Prime Video, HBO Max
- Cinderella—Disney’s iconic tale of a mistreated girl meets prince turns into a vehicle to empower young women inspiring confidence and self-worth, starring Camilla Cabello. View on Prime Video
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before—A vulnerable, sweet young girl struggles with feelings for boys and overcoming her shyness in this coming-of-age romance. View on Netflix
- 10 Things I Hate About You—This modern twist on “The Taming of the Shrew” teaches lessons of acceptance and compassion and stars the late teen idol, Heath Ledger. View on Prime Video, Apple TV, Disney+
- Pride & Prejudice—Jane Austen’s epic story of love, marriage and class awareness centers around the romantic life of spirited Elizabeth Bennett in 18th-century England. View on HULU
- Say Anything—This iconic 80s rom-com follows an unlikely couple who grabble with post-high school expectations and a disapproving parent. View on HBO Max
- The Notebook—You’ll need more than one tissue box to watch this heart-wrenching, timeless drama between two impetuous lovers from opposite sides of the tracks who find each other again against all odds. View on HBO Max and Peacock
- Love Actually—Set in London, this film follows the lives and loves of eight very different couples, examining the complexities and realities of love and relationships. View on Peacock
- Leap Year—This romantic comedy set amid a backdrop of a stunning Irish landscape tells the story of a spirited woman who likes everything predictable, yet finds true love in a surprising and unpredictable way. View on HBO Max, Prime Video
- A Star is Born—This sultry remake, starring superstar Lady Gaga and hunky Bradley Cooper, examines how ambition can get in the way of true love. View on Prime Video
- If Beale Street Could Talk—Based on the James Baldwin novel, this young couple fights for a future when one of them is arrested for a crime he did not commit. View on HULU
- Dirty Dancing—Summer love is set on fire in a 1950s Catskills, NY resort, starring the late hunk, Patrick Swayze. The film deals with some heavy issues, such as class, acceptance, trust, and love and features a whole lot of amazing dancing. View on Freeform, Prime Video
- Crazy Rich Asians—Based on a bestselling book, a native New Yorker travels to Singapore to attend a wedding with her boyfriend and is shocked to meet his very wealthy family. View on HBO Max, Prime Video
- One Day—This heart-wrenching drama follows former college lovers turned friends who reunite every year on the anniversary of their college graduation. You’ll root for them to end up together. View on HULU, Prime Video
We Want You to Love Your Home
At NP, Inc., we know that celebrating Valentine’s Day can be even more special when it’s done in a home you call your own. That’s why our caring mortgage specialists are dedicated to ensuring you have many years of special celebrations in your new home by helping you secure a loan that is perfect for you. We have a variety of products and programs to choose from that include conventional loans and non-conventional loans to assist self-employed borrowers who may need alternate ways to qualify. Our superior customer service is unparalleled in the industry and makes our company unique. And our reputation as a leading lender with more than 25 years in the mortgage industry precedes us. Visit us today at www.ustmg.com to fill out our easy application online while mortgage rates are still low. You can also contact one of our friendly loan specialists at 866.435.2562 for fast and efficient service.
*Streaming Services listed are subject to change.
By Susan Sherman for NP, Inc.