May marks the unofficial start of summer. And one thing we all know and love about summer is time spent grilling outdoors and enjoying tons of BBQs! If you’re like most of us, you probably have a favorite BBQ recipe; you might even have family traditions passed down through generations. To kick off the summer, our very own NP, Inc. team members have shared some of their favorite BBQ recipes. We hope you enjoy them!
Savannah – Graphic Designer
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
yield: 8 servings
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 50 minutes
total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) boneless pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed and cut into 3-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, divided
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle favorite BBQ sauce
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high sauté setting.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, mustard, cayenne pepper, cumin and pepper. Season pork with brown sugar mixture.
- Heat canola oil; working in two batches, add pork and cook until evenly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and 4 tablespoons vinegar, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 40 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove pork shoulder from the Instant Pot® and shred the meat using two forks; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Serve immediately with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Susan – Copywriter
Aunt Debbie’s Best Barbecue Chicken
- 1 ½ Pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- 2/3 Cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Pinch kosher salt
- Mix ingredients together well in a bowl.
- Coat chicken with marinade.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Grill and enjoy!
Vanessa – Social Media Strategist
Grilled Peaches, Blue Cheese and Honey
- 6 Peaches, halved and pitted
- 12 Tbsp. blue cheese, at room temperature
- 12 Tbsp. almonds or pecans, chopped
- 12 Tbsp. honey
- Lightly oil and preheat grill to medium high.
- Grill peach halves cut side down until well-marked and lightly cooked.
- Arrange peach halves cut side up on six plates.
- Fill each cavity with one tablespoon of blue cheese and one tablespoon of nuts.
- Drizzle honey over peaches, blue cheese and nuts.
By Vanessa Rutigliano for NP, Inc.